[OYAN] Teen Video Challenge winners: PSAs for Summer Readings!

Abbie Anderson aanderson at cclsd.org
Tue Apr 30 22:12:05 PDT 2013

Dear fabulous teen-loving librarians!

I came back from the national CSLP annual meeting in Atlanta utterly
stoked about the work all of us do, for summer reading and all year
'round. And one reason I was so stoked was that I got to watch each of
the winning state entries in the Teen Video Challenge! The videos range
all the way from clever to touching and back, and I hope you have as
much fun watching them as we all did at CSLP.

And here they are:
http://www.cslpreads.org/programs/young-adult-program/teen-video-challenge/2013-teen-video-winners.html

Or, point people to www.cslpreads.org, and scroll down to see the
banner for "Teen Video Challenge Winners" on the right.

Of course, they're not just great videos to watch: they're great videos
to share. The goal of the contest is to produce videos any library
around the country can use to promote their own summer reading program
for teens. Feel free to link to any of these videos (but especially
Oregon's!), to embed them on your websites and blogs and Facebook, etc.,
etc., etc.! I'm also attaching CSLP's official press release, to use as
you see fit.

Oregon's winning entry is "Save the Books", a zombie adventure from the
team at Cedar Mill Community Library. Congratulations!

We had three entries in Oregon, and all three were terrific. A group
from Broadway Middle School in Seaside made their "Beneath The Surface"
TV show. Meghan Loftus from Stayton made the eery "What Lurks Beneath".

It was very close voting, and all three entries could have made us
proud at the national level.

Let's make the world of reading tremble "Beneath the Surface" this
year! And look forward to next year's theme, "Unmask!"

Yours,
Abbie Anderson
Oregon Young Adult Network
Collaborative Summer Library Program