[OYAN] Kid-Lit Meet-Up Planned for Thursday, January 24th, 5-8 PM

Dawn Prochovnic dawnp at smalltalklearning.com
Fri Jan 11 09:24:10 PST 2013

Greetings,

The Oregon Chapter of the SCBWI (Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators) will be coordinating some "no-host kid lit meet-ups" in the coming year, with the aim to build relationships and foster community. We would like to extend a warm welcome to local youth librarians and other kid lit enthusiasts at these casual events. I've listed the particulars for our January meet-up below. We hope to see you there!

When: Thursday, January 24th, 2013

Where: Hale Pele Tiki Bar, 2733 NE Broadway, Portland

Come enjoy conversation and good cheer with your local Portland kid lit writers, illustrators, and other kid lit enthusiasts. We'll start at 5:00 for those who want to come early, and stay until 8:00 for those who want to come late. The back room of the facility is all ours. Drop in for a beverage, or stay and eat. All comers welcome, so feel free to bring your kid lit loving friends.

If you have any additional questions, Amber Keyser (amber.j.keyser at gmail.com) is the SCBWI-Oregon point person for this event.

Best wishes,
Dawn Prochovnic, MA
SCBWI-Oregon, Library Liaison