[OYAN] Summer is Here!

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Jun 23 10:50:42 PDT 2015

Posted on behalf of Beth Unverzagt, director of OregonASK

Hello Oregon Library Community,

As summer heats up, the Summer Learning Partnership wants to thank the National Summer Learning Association for their continued support of local efforts in Oregon and many thanks to all of our wonderful summer learning partners!

Founder and board chair of National Summer Learning Association, Matthew Boulay says "I am proud to share my passion and work with fellow Oregonians as we partner to provide summer learning opportunities for hundreds of under-served youth across the state of Oregon. We are excited to see SL3 ( Summer Learning, Summer Library, Summer Lunch) grow in the future, doing all we can to stop the opportunity gap<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ahhj3wxxkdM>."

State Librarian MaryKay Dahlgreen shares "There are always more youth to reach, especially during the summer months, but we must be doing something right to see our 30 Summer Learning, Summer Library, Summer Lunch (SL3) sites highlighted on a national site. "

We also want to take this opportunity to share First Lady Michelle Obama's<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjfWycXggq8&feature=youtu.be> video of support released for National Summer Learning Day last Friday. We hope you take a few minutes to watch these videos, share with others and look at the Summer Learning Map <http://summerlearningdaymap.org/> to find some of the summer learning opportunities happening in your community.

Please contact Bethany Thramer<mailto:bethany.thramer at oregonask.org>, OregonASK Policy & Outreach Coordinator for more information about summer learning in Oregon or the SL3 project.

Beth A. Unverzagt
Director, OregonASK
503-551-5488 (c)
503-689-1656 (o)

9140 SW Pioneer Court (office)
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070

PO Box 3  (mailing)
Wilsonville, Oregon 97070

beth.unverzagt at oregonask.org<mailto:beth.unverzagt at oregonask.org>
www.oregonask.org<http://www.oregonask.org>

"Potential is universal... Opportunity is not."
         - Wes Moore