[OYAN] Book Rave - Last chance to nominate!

Sonja Somerville SSomerville at cityofsalem.net
Mon Dec 3 18:07:21 PST 2018

Hello, OYAN friends!

This is it ... or nearly it ... nominations for the 2019 OYAN Book Rave will close at midnight Wednesday, December 5. Book Rave is an annual list produced by the members of the Oregon Young Adult Network and announced at the Oregon Library Association's annual conference in April. Books nominated should be written and marketed for readers of middle and high school age (generally 6th-12th grade) and be published between November 1, 2017 and October 31, 2018. We organize and publish a separate list of graphic novels (that process takes place from about April to October), so graphic novel recommendations have been removed from this list and sent to the Graphic Rave organizer for later use.

I've set up a Google Form to collect nomination information. Please use it early and often. Many excellent books were released over the last year. This is a great way to highlight them!

https://goo.gl/forms/Mkak7LE6hYtA4mli1
[https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/ZSXLiLggx6pH42NHCiDIdBbk9o2DON1aD-_xisEL-sC_pxVksF85rMcUWCBGodJEuqA=w1200-h630-p]<https://goo.gl/forms/Mkak7LE6hYtA4mli1>

2019 Book Rave Nomination<https://goo.gl/forms/Mkak7LE6hYtA4mli1>
goo.gl
Book Rave is an annual list produced by the members of the Oregon Young Adult Network and announced at the Oregon Library Association's annual conference in April. Books nominated should be written and marketed for readers of middle and high school age (generally 6th-12th grade) and be published between November 1, 2017 and October 31, 2018. Nominations will be collected until early December 2018. Members will then be invited to vote on the nominated books through mid-January 2019, narrowing the list to approximately 20 OYAN Book Rave selections. The list is further discussed at the winter meeting of the Oregon Young Adult Network. Please nominate early and often!!

If you only have time to put in name and title, that is OK - but the additional information (publication date, categories, tags, and summary) are greatly appreciated.

Also, as a time-saver, I am attaching a list of the books that have been nominated so far. If you don't see something that you know should be on there - nominate it!!

Once nominations have closed this week, members will be invited to vote on the nominated books through mid-January 2019, narrowing the list to approximately 20 OYAN Book Rave selections. The list is further discussed at the winter meeting of the Oregon Young Adult Network. Final results are released in April 2019, coinciding with the annual OLA conference.

Let me know if you have any questions. Hope to hear from you soon!

Best,
Sonja Somerville

Teen Services Librarian

Salem Public Library

585 Liberty St. SE

Salem, OR 97301

503-588-6083

Preferred pronouns: she/her

A YALSA Teens' Top Ten panel library for 2017-2018