[OYAN] RA help? Reads like South Park

K'Lyn Hann klyn.hann at newbergoregon.gov
Tue Jul 23 14:53:24 PDT 2019

Hello, hive mind,

I had a very, very, VERY reluctant reader in today. I spent about 30 minutes trying to find a hook I could work with.  He will be entering 8th grade in the fall and grandpa promised dad he'd get him a book to read. It was tense and entirely uncooperative.

The only thing that caught his attention was South Park and possible books with that kind of humor. I'm drawing an absolute blank. Any suggestions?

He left with The Simpsons and Philosophy: The D'oh Of Homer.  He didn't want the Simpsons comic books. He wasn't interested in the manga I recommended. He wasn't interested in the Darwin Awards.

Anything to spark a direction would be great!

--K'Lyn

Kay Lyn Hann
   (pronouns: she/her)
Senior Librarian (Teens & Tech)