[OYAN] Speaker on Cyber-Security

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Tue Jul 30 10:07:03 PDT 2019

Hi Cara,

Someone from the Oregon Intellectual Freedom Committee might be able to help, and I believe you contacted that group.

FYI, a few organizations have relevant curriculum, and these are two.

Google developed Be Internet Awesome. Unit 2 is about phishing, scams, etc. Maybe some of those activities would work.

https://storage.googleapis.com/gweb-interland.appspot.com/en-us/hub/pdfs/Google_BeInternetAwesome_DigitalCitizenshipSafety_Curriculum_.pdf

Common Sense Media has lessons, too, and some of the ones for older students have been refreshed. For example, the unit for those in grades 6-8 has a lesson on phishing and scams and one on big data.

https://www.commonsense.org/education/digital-citizenship

Anyone can use the materials.

Thanks,
Jen