[OYAN] Ideas for programs at a teen treatment program

Heather Jones HJones at crooklib.org
Tue Jun 18 15:35:46 PDT 2019

Hi all,
  I am planning some outreach programs at an inpatient substance abuse and mental health treatment facility for teens.  As you can imagine there are many restrictions on what supplies can be brought into the facility, and the teens also have very limited personal space to keep craft items we may create during the program. Some of the limitations are no inhalants or alcohol based products, no string longer than 4 inches, no paracord, no metal wires or staples, and limited very monitored use of scissors. At any time there are up to 20 teens in this program and I would like to offer some fun and creative activities for them. Does anyone have any ideas of great programs that would work well or could be adapted for these students?

Thank you!

Heather R. Jones
Teen Services Librarian
Crook County Library
541-447-7978 x 320
hjones at crooklib.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE - This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law.  If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system.