[OYAN] Teen Contributions to Library Instagram Accounts?

Kemper Hodge, Kristy Kristy.KemperHodge at corvallisoregon.gov
Sat Mar 30 16:36:06 PDT 2019

Hi all!

Hoping it's sunny and beautiful where you are :)

My Teen Advisors and I are contemplating the creation of a teen-focused Instagram account to reach area teens. We're exploring the idea of having the teens contribute content, with library staff oversight, and I'm curious to know if anyone else is already doing this.

If you are, can you tell me more about your process for monitoring (or not) the content that teens contribute? Are staff reviewing the content, then posting it on behalf of teens? Are teens added as admins on the account and given permission to post directly?

Please contact me at kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov<mailto:kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov>.

Thank you very much!
Kristy

Kristy Kemper Hodge
Teen Services Librarian
Enrich | Excite | Explore
Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday
Pronouns: she, her, hers

Corvallis-Benton County Public Library<http://www.thebestlibrary.net/>
645 NW Monroe Ave.
Corvallis, OR 97330
(541) 766-6489
Kristy.KemperHodge at corvallisoregon.gov<mailto:kristy.kemperhodge at corvallisoregon.gov>

Disclaimer: This e-mail message is a public record of the City of Corvallis. The contents may be subject to public disclosure under Oregon Public Records Law and subject to the State of Oregon Records Retention Schedules. (OAR:166.200.0200-405)