[OYAN] Gale Promo Materials To Go with Space Theme for Summer Reading Program

Jennifer Maurer jennifer.maurer at state.or.us
Thu May 30 12:43:05 PDT 2019

Hi,

This week, I learned that Gale staff created some materials to simultaneously promote some of the K-12 databases as well as the theme of the national summer reading program.

·         Books & Authors: “We have created several new marketing materials for Gale’s Books & Authors here<https://support.gale.com/marketing/themes/readingunderthestars> that you and your libraries can use to promote Summer Reading. With Books & Authors, readers can explore Adult Fiction, Adult Non-Fiction, Young Adult, Pre-Teen, and Kids titles that will take them to the moon and back!” There’s a web banner, GIF, ideas for social media posts, and a brochure with reading recommendations. FYI, the brochure has two spaces where you can add your own info, like a URL for how to access the databases.

·         Kids InfoBits & Research In Context: “To support A Journey Through Space and celebrate the 50th anniversary of the Moon landing, we have created trading cards for our solar system and a library activity guide available here<https://support.gale.com/marketing/themes/journeythroughspace>. Additionally, Kids InfoBits has added several topic overviews, including the Big Bang Theory, Earth, Neil Armstrong, and Planets, and have updated existing topics such as Astronomy, Galileo, Mars, Sally Ride, and much more.” One set of trading cards is for younger children, and the other is for older ones.

You are welcome to share the resources in newsletters, on websites, via social media, etc.

FYI,
Jen

Jen Maurer, MLS
School Library Consultant