[OYAN] Action items for OYAN

OYAN CHAIR oyan at olaweb.org
Wed Aug 2 17:47:31 PDT 2023

Hello and sorry for any cross-posting!

OYAN has a few announcements to make as we are wrapping up the summer!

First, we are looking for a few new officer positions! We are hoping to
recruit a new in-coming chair AND a publication manager. We would love for
these to be co-officer positions, with at least two people being willing to
share the responsibilities. If anyone is interested in being a co-officer
for the web manager, we would also welcome someone who is website-savy!

We're also looking for some OYAN members who are interested in volunteering
with specific tasks throughout the year that would assist our officers with
some of their duties. This would be an excellent opportunity to learn a
little more about what OYAN officers do and get some insight into what
these positions entail if you are potentially interested in becoming an
officer yourself sometime in the future.

Some examples are:
Summer Reading Liason -

   - Assist with the planning of OYAN's involvement in the SR Summit
   - Collecting SR program ideas and experience to share with Publication
   Manager

Out-going Chair -

   - Volunteers to solicit raffle donations
   - Raffle ticket sales at OLA conference

There are other ideas that we have, but this email is already quite long.
If you have any interest in the vacant officer positions or have questions
about volunteering with OYAN, please let me know and I'm happy to provide
further clarification and details.

The last piece of this long email is that we need OYAN members to vote in
our Graphic Rave! The winners are compiled and sent out to OYAN members to
assist with reader's advisory and collection development! If you are a
current OYAN member, please take the time to vote on these titles! Here's
the link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfvmWZ08cfkIc81wI48CoOR1G9eozRBVnR21aQZVKPtNu6AdA/viewform?usp=sf_link>to
the voting!

If you made it to the bottom of this email, you're a trooper! Thanks very
much for taking the time to read through all of this and please reach out
if you have any questions!

--
Caitlin McMahan
OYAN Chair