[OYAN] 2024 OLA Conference discussion and panel opportunities! (Deadline Jan. 31)

OLA Conference Programs olaprograms at olaweb.org
Sat Dec 30 19:51:44 PST 2023

*(forgive the cross-post)*

Hello Oregon Library Friends,

Interested in being part of a discussion or panel at OLA? We’ve got a slew
of opportunities. Please reach out to olaprograms at olaweb.org by January 31,
2024 for more information, ask questions, or jump on board with us. We’d
love to have you! If you know of someone who would be perfect for one of
these sessions, please forward this message on to them with our gratitude.

Conference dates: Wed. April 24 to Sat. April 27

What: BIPOC Affinity Group discussion facilitator(s)

When: Thursday at 4 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 2

What: LBGTQIA2S+ Affinity Group discussion facilitator(s)

When: Friday at 4 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 2

What: Early Career Library Workers’ Huddle discussion facilitator

When: Friday at 11 a.m.

Open Spots: 1 (one)

What: “Amazing Friends & Foundations” panel members

When: Thursday at 2:15 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 6

What: “Policy Talk: Patron Codes of Conduct” panel members

When: Thursday at 2:15 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 3

What: “Friends Book Sales: Maximizing Impact” panel members

When: Thursday at 4 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 6

What: “Hate Groups in the Library” panel members

When: Friday at 8:45 a.m.

Open spots: Up to 3

What: “Library Boards 101: Governing Boards, Advisory Boards, and
Attorneys” panel members

When: Thursday at 11 a.m.

Open spots: Up to 6

What: Reader’s Advisory Spotlight: Graphic Novels panel members/booktalkers

When: Friday at 8:45 a.m.

Open Spots: up to 4

What: Reader’s Advisory Spotlight: Horror panel members/booktalkers

When: Thursday at 2:15 p.m.

Open Spots: up to 3

What: Reader’s Advisory Spotlight: Manga panel members/booktalkers

When: Friday at 4:00 p.m.

Open spots: Up to 4

What: Reader’s Advisory Spotlight: Romance panel members/booktalkers

When: Thursday at 2:15 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 4

What: Reader’s Advisory Spotlight: Science Fiction panel members/booktalkers

When: Friday at 4 p.m.

Open Spots: Up to 4

Very best,

*Taylor Worley* (she/her)
*2024 OLA Conference Programs Chair*
olaprograms at olaweb.org
taylorlgkw at gmail.com & 541-731-7101

   - If I have not responded to your message in three days, please feel
   free to reach out again.
   - I typically check this email Tuesday through Saturday, between 10 a.m.
   and 6 p.m.
   - If any of this information is inaccessible to you, I can provide it in
   another way.