[OYAN] Jeanie Diaz, beloved MCL youth librarian

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jul 19 07:28:26 PDT 2023

Hello everyone,

It is with much sadness I share that Jeanie Diaz, Multnomah County Library Youth Librarian, passed away this last weekend. You may remember Jeanie from her OLA Quarterly article<https://journals3.library.oregonstate.edu/olaq/article/view/vol27_iss2_3> last fall. Jeanie was much loved by the families she worked with, both at MCL and at Cedar Mill Community Library, where she worked previously. She was a respected and joyful colleague and a talented artist. (You may have seen her pattern designs as @foursidedfriends on Instagram.)  Her loss leaves the field of youth services in Oregon poorer. We want to offer our deepest condolences to her fellow youth librarians and staff members, her family, and all those who knew and loved her.

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]