[OYAN] Survey to Inform Update of Intellectual Freedom Manual // LIS Collection

MAURER Jennifer L * SLO Jennifer.MAURER at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Jul 12 15:58:24 PDT 2023

Please pardon the cross-posting.

Hi Folks,

This was posted in ALA Connect yesterday. Please consider taking the survey. It’s short and will likely only take 5 to 10 minutes of your time.

The American Library Association last published the Intellectual Freedom Manual in 2021. We are now preparing for a new edition. John Spears and I are co-editing the 11th edition. We are asking for input from library staff, students, trustees, educators, and anyone else who cares about protecting intellectual freedom. It doesn't matter if you've never heard of the Intellectual Freedom Manual or if you use it a lot, we want to hear from you! Please take a few minutes to answer this short survey<https://aclibrary.libwizard.com/f/IFmanual> and tell others about it too.

Thank you!
------------------------------
Erin Berman
RainbowRT Councilor
Division Director, Alameda County Library
she/her/hers

FYI, we have the most recent edition of the Intellectual Freedom Manual<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/search/detailnonmodal/ent:$002f$002fSD_ILS$002f0$002fSD_ILS:1618126/ada?qu=Intellectual+Freedom+Manual&d=ent%3A%2F%2FSD_ILS%2F0%2FSD_ILS%3A1618126%7EILS%7E1&rt=false%7C%7C%7CTITLE%7C%7C%7CTitle&h=8> in the State Library’s Library and Information Science (LIS) Collection<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries/Pages/LIS-Collection.aspx>, and you are welcome to borrow it and any other LIS titles. This catalog search<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic/search/results?qf=SUBJECT%09Subject%09LIBRARY+AND+INFORMATION+SCIENCE+COLLECTION%09LIBRARY+AND+INFORMATION+SCIENCE+COLLECTION&qf=-FORMAT%09Format%09CR%09Periodicals&te=ILS&st=PD> lists the 300 most recent additions to the LIS Collection, and the most recent 25 of those are featured in the carousel near the top of the catalog homepage<https://ccrls.ent.sirsi.net/client/en_US/oslpublic>. Book topics range from collection development to cataloging, copyright to culturally responsive practice, and even subjects that don’t start with the letter “c”! 😉

Thanks,
Jen
Ex officio member of the Oregon Intellectual Freedom Committee

Jen Maurer, MLS (she/her)
School Library Consultant, State Library of Oregon
jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.maurer at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3540 | https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries
Follow us: Facebook<https://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:1894c10a70f5b16b21]