[OYAN] How do you holiday?

Peggy O'Kane pokane at ci.lowell.or.us
Tue Oct 31 14:03:13 PDT 2023

At the Maggie Osgood Library we are only beginning to build traditions. My volunteers and I came in costume today and read a Halloween book for story hour.
We celebrated Indigenous People's Day earlier this month.
During December we will honor the holidays that celebrate the return of the sun and the changing of the year: Chanukah, Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, Bodhi, Festivus and Yule. (Diwali is in November this year but I will include it in my list.)  I don't think I have books on all of these but I will put together a handout that includes all of them as part of my primary display. My story hours will feature as many of these holidays as possible.
My goal is to include not exclude
Peggy O'Kane
Director
Maggie Osgood library