[OYAN] Call for OYAN Raffle volunteers!

MCMAHAN Caitlin A CMcMahan at eugene-or.gov
Thu Jan 11 13:28:59 PST 2024

Hey y'all!

You may have seen at the very bottom of my last listserv email that I am putting out a call for OYAN Raffle volunteers!

For those of you who aren't familiar with OYAN's raffle, this is our divisions major fundraising event of the year and it takes place at the OLA conference each year. As the OYAN Past Chair, I'm the person in charge, however I would love some volunteer help with this event.

I'm looking for volunteers to assist with the following:

  *   soliciting donations from small businesses, event centers, etc. (we have a list we'll be working from, so you don't need to brainstorm ideas!)
  *   tabling at the OYAN booth at OLA (this entails talking about the raffle, why OYAN is important, and handling money from raffle ticket purchases)
  *   floor help with ticket sales (circulating around the exhibit hall to ask folks if they'd like to support OYAN by entering the raffle. Will require cash handling!)

If you are at all interested in any of these things, please let me know by either responding to this email or by sending an email to oyanpastchair at olaweb.org. Thanks very much for your interest and your help!

Best,

Caitlin McMahan (she/her)

Teen Librarian | Eugene Public Library

Unpacking (discussion group) Organizer | Oregon Young Adult Network (OYAN) Outgoing-Chair

eugene-or.gov/library | cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov<mailto:cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov>