[OYAN] OYAN Quarterly Meeting in February, plus other announcements

MCMAHAN Caitlin A CMcMahan at eugene-or.gov
Thu Jan 11 13:52:44 PST 2024

Hello everyone!

I apologize for the cross-posting, but here are some important announcements from OYAN!

Upcoming OYAN meeting

Our quarterly meeting will be held on Friday, February 2nd. This meeting is hybrid and we are starting our first “pods” meeting, so if you would like to attend in-person, you will actually be meeting within your region. However, if you can’t accommodate traveling, you can attend from your very own desk via Zoom. Our meeting will start at 10AM and end at 2pm. OYAN official business will run from 10AM-12ish, a 30 minute break for lunch, then we'll meet in our pods either in-person or virtually from 12:30PM-2PM. If you have anything that you would like to be included in our agenda, please email Mark Richardson at markr at wccls.org and Ian Duncanson at iduncanson at beavertonoregon.gov so we can add it.

The locations that will be hosting an in-person site are:

Beaverton – Beaverton Public Library (contact Ian Duncanson at iduncanson at beavertonoregon.gov<mailto:iduncanson at beavertonoregon.gov> for more info)

Multnomah – Multnomah branch located at 221 NE 122nd Avenue, Portland, OR. Contact Danielle at daniellej at multco.us if you plan on attending at this branch because she needs to know who to expect so y'all can get into the meeting space!

Creswell – Creswell Public Library (contact Lindsey Quigley-Johnson at lindsey at creswell-library.org<mailto:lindsey at creswell-library.org> or Caitlin McMahan at cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov<mailto:cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov> for more info)

Oregon Coast – contact Vickie Kromer at vkromer at lincolncity.org<mailto:vkromer at lincolncity.org> for details

Here's the Zoom link! https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1608993472

We hope to see you all there! And again, please reach out if you have any questions, concerns, or whatever!

Join our Cloud HD Video Meeting<https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1608993472>
Zoom is the leader in modern enterprise video communications, with an easy, reliable cloud platform for video and audio conferencing, chat, and webinars across mobile, desktop, and room systems. Zoom Rooms is the original software-based conference room solution used around the world in board, conference, huddle, and training rooms, as well as executive offices and classrooms. Founded in 2011, Zoom helps businesses and organizations bring their teams together in a frictionless environment to get more done. Zoom is a publicly traded company headquartered in San Jose, CA.
www.zoomgov.com

OYEA! Nominations

My second announcement is that we are going to put out a call for volunteers to assist with our OYAN Raffle preparations! The specific details will be going out on the OYAN listserv, but if you’re interested in being a part of OYAN, but aren’t on the listserv, let me know and I can help get you added! Any OYAN Raffle-specific questions can be directed to oyanpastchair at olaweb.org<mailto:oyanpastchair at olaweb.org>. Stay tuned!

And final reminder is that, in case you missed the email, we put out a call for OYEA! nominations! Here’s the info on that one more time 😊:

Criteria for OYEA! nomination:

1. The individual, library, organization, or initiative must reside or operate primarily in Oregon.

2. Only living persons are eligible for the award.

3. If the nominee is a person, they do not need to be an active member of OYAN.

4. If a program or initiative is nominated, it must have occurred within the previous or current nomination year.

*Preference will be given to nominees that are supported by a letter of recommendation by a teen*

The deadline is Friday, March 22nd, 2024.

Submit the following information for your nomination:

•  The nominee’s name and/or program title.

•  Contact information for the nominee.

•  Description of nominee’s positive and significant contributions to teens in libraries in the state of Oregon.

•  Any supporting materials.

Nominations can be sent:

Via mail:

Caitlin McMahan Eugene Public Library

100 W. 10th Ave. Eugene, OR 97401

Via email:

oyanpastchair at olaweb.org<mailto:oyan at olaweb.org>

More information can be found on the OYAN website<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=211> or by emailing oyanpastchair at olaweb.org<mailto:oyan at olaweb.org>

Thank you so much for your thoughtful nominations!

Okay, y’all. That’s it! Sorry about the long email, but thank you to everyone who made it this far and please reach out if you have any questions!

Best,

Caitlin McMahan (she/her)

Teen Librarian | Eugene Public Library

Unpacking (discussion group) Organizer | Oregon Young Adult Network (OYAN) Outgoing-Chair

eugene-or.gov/library | cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov<mailto:cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov>