[OYAN] Spring is in the air!

MCMAHAN Caitlin A CMcMahan at eugene-or.gov
Sat Mar 9 11:21:51 PST 2024

Hello OYAN friends!

Spring is almost here (maybe...sort of...) and now is the time of year that we are all very busy! We have the end of the school year, OBOB is wrapping up, and we're all gearing up for Summer Reading.

For this week's OYAN community email, I was wondering if anyone wanted to share a SR program that they are particularly excited about this year! For Eugene Public Library, we're bringing in more food preparation programs and we've hired a local salsa company to show our teens how to learn some basic kitchen skills, get acquainted with how flavors work together, and get some tasty homemade chips and salsa out of the deal! We don't have a kitchen space so programs like this work really well at our library, and so many of our teens want to learn more about how to find their way around a kitchen.

----

I'm also going to do a last call for OYEA nominations! If you would like to nominate someone for their stellar contributions to Young Adult Services in Oregon, please submit your nomination by the 22nd! I know that there are amazing humans out there doing all the good things, so don't be shy! How to submit a nomination is listed below:

The eligibility requirements are as follows:

1.      The individual, library, organization, or initiative must reside or operate primarily in Oregon.

2.      Only living persons are eligible for the award.

3.      If the nominee is a person, they do not need to be an active member of OYAN.

4.      If a program or initiative is nominated, it must have occurred within the previous or current nomination year.

*Preference will given to nominees that are supported by a letter of recommendation by a teen*

The deadline is Friday, March 22nd, 2024.

Submit the following information for your nomination:

*  The nominee's name and/or program title.

*  Contact information for the nominee.

*  Description of nominee's positive and significant contributions to teens in libraries in the state of Oregon.

*  Any supporting materials.

Nominations can be sent:

Via mail:

Caitlin McMahan Eugene Public Library

100 W. 10th Ave. Eugene, OR 97401

Via email:

oyanpastchair at olaweb.org<mailto:oyan at olaweb.org>

More information can be found on the OYAN website<https://ola.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=211> or by emailing oyanpastchair at olaweb.org<mailto:oyan at olaweb.org>

Thank you so much for your thoughtful nominations!

Best,
Caitlin McMahan (she/her)
Teen Librarian | Eugene Public Library
Unpacking (discussion group) Organizer | Oregon Young Adult Network (OYAN) Outgoing-Chair
eugene-or.gov/library | cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov<mailto:cmcmahan at eugene-or.gov>