[PL-Directors] Hood River County Library News

Jim Scheppke jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us
Wed Jul 14 10:36:19 PDT 2010

Dear Directors:
I know many of you are concerned about the recent closure of the Hood River County Library following a special library district election defeat in May. I am in communication with retired library director June Knudson about this.

I am pleased to pass on the news I received from June that the Commissioners of Hood River County voted last night to place another special library district measure on the November ballot. They have not yet determined the permanent tax rate that they plan to ask for. That will be determined in the next month or so. It's likely to be less than the 70 cents per $1,000 that was turned down by the majority of voters in May.

Let me know if you have questions about this.

Jim Scheppke, State Librarian
Oregon State Library
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301
503-378-4367
(fax) 503-585-8059
jim.b.scheppke at state.or.us

[cid:3361948579_369072]Go Green, Keep it on screen - think before you print.