[PL-Directors] Edge Initiative for Oregon Public Libraries (2017-18)

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Tue Sep 19 08:16:30 PDT 2017

Greetings!

The State Library of Oregon is pleased to announce that it is once again sponsoring your participation in the Edge Initiative through June 30, 2018 to allow you the opportunity to assess your technology, communicate its impact and plan for the future - all in an effort to support the local economy, workforce, lifelong learning, and strong communities.

The State Library's commitment to ensuring digital inclusion and equity for communities throughout Oregon is a powerful step to enrich and advance people's lives. We strongly encourage you to complete the assessment and create a plan that will improve your technology services and programs.

Near the end of this fiscal year, the State Library will be evaluating the level of participation and effectiveness of Edge in Oregon to determine if we should continue funding statewide access or if we need to come up with a different subscription model.

As an incentive, libraries who complete the assessment and develop a plan will be eligible to participate in a technology reimbursement program. More information about this opportunity will be forthcoming.

If you haven't used Edge before, you can register for an account here<http://www.libraryedge.org/library/register>. If you already have an account but have forgotten your password, you can reset your password here<http://www.libraryedge.org/user/password>.

After you log into your account, please update the information in your Account Settings.

This year, all Oregon libraries will have the opportunity to participate as part of a larger group, both within Oregon and nationally. The following documents and timeline have been developed to support you in your efforts in assessment, planning, implementation, and communications:

  *   Guide to Using Edge<http://www.libraryedge.org/sites/default/files/Guide_to_Using_Edge_Fall2017_Print.pdf> - a printer friendly user manual for Edge, including how to get started and guidance for each of the four steps of participation
  *   Timeline<http://www.libraryedge.org/sites/default/files/OR_Timeline.pdf> - a listing of milestones, webinars, conferences and other important dates and events to help you plan ahead
  *   Edge One Pager<http://www.libraryedge.org/sites/default/files/Edge_2017.pdf> - a quick outline of Edge to share with internal and external stakeholders
  *   Edge Learning Opportunities<http://www.libraryedge.org/about-edge/learning_opportunities> - a complete listing of Edge webinars and learning opportunities available for subscribed libraries
Please join us for the first webinar, Using Edge: Step 1 - Assess on September 25th, 11:00a PT. You can register here<https://libraryedgeevent.webex.com/libraryedgeevent/onstage/g.php?MTID=ea2171f6224608b6e9975d64a087d315f>. (If you miss this webinar, there will be an archived version and an opportunity to attend another live session next month.)

I am here to support your use of the Edge Toolkit so if there is anything I can do to assist, please contact me directly. I look forward to working with you and your staff during the next year and being part of the impact Edge will have on your library and the communities involved!

Cheers,
Darci Hanning, MLIS
Technology Development Consultant
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>