[PL-Directors] RIPL 2018 Registration Opens January 17

Darci Hanning darci.hanning at state.or.us
Fri Jan 12 09:20:15 PST 2018

Greetings! (please pardon the duplicate posting)

Registration for this year's institute will open on January 17, 2018 at 10:00 AM Pacific at https://ripl.lrs.org/2018/, and the event is limited to 110 participants. Please read below for additional information:

Launched in 2015, the Research Institute for Public Libraries (RIPL) brings together people from across North America (rural, suburban, and urban public libraries) for an intensive, participatory learning experience. Offered by the Colorado State Library and the Colorado Library Consortium and made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services, this year's institute will take place July 29 - August 1 in Atlanta, Georgia.

Are you...

... a public librarian, administrator, or other staff interested in getting started using data for savvy and strategic planning?

... looking for both inspiration and instruction in a hands-on, participatory environment?

... seeking to learn about outcomes and how to measure library impact?

... committed to leading your organization in making data-based decisions?

...eager to develop a peer network to support your research and evaluation efforts?

Then this learning institute is for you! Participants will learn about topics such as:

  *   designing outcome-based evaluation of programs and services
  *   assessing your community's aspirations, priorities, and needs
  *   techniques for tracking public library data and using these data for planning, management, and proving worth to your community
  *   using data and stories to demonstrate library impact

The early bird institute fee is $1,200, which includes registration, three nights lodging, and most meals. After March 1, the fee will increase to $1,350. Payment must be made by credit card.

Find out more on the event website<https://ripl.lrs.org/2018/>.

Here is what past participants had to say about RIPL:

"This was one of the best training situations I've attended. It was laid out in a way that promoted optimal learning while still giving opportunities for networking & socializing. Great job!"

 "The curriculum & speakers were so well organized around the overall RIPL themes. It felt like a course in library data instead of individual conference sessions."

 "...This was, by far, the best conference I've ever attended and I think part of that was the fact that it was so focused on one area - we had the time to delve into the various aspects of that, as well as get to know one another and work as a team. I look forward to applying what I learned within my organization."

 "RIPL was an incredible experience. I learned so much and feel like I came back equipped with new knowledge and skills to implement some relevant data collection and evaluation practices at our library organization."

Linda Hofschire
Director, Library Research Service
Colorado State Library
[cid:image001.png at 01D38B86.8DAB5210]<http://www.cde.state.co.us>
P 303.866.6827
201 East Colfax Avenue, Room 309, Denver, CO 80203
Hofschire_L at cde.state.co.us<mailto:Hofschire_L at cde.state.co.us>  |  www.cde.state.co.us<http://www.cde.state.co.us>

[cid:image002.png at 01D38B86.8DAB5210]<https://www.facebook.com/codepted>  [cid:image003.png at 01D38B86.8DAB5210] <https://twitter.com/codepted>   [cid:image004.png at 01D38B86.8DAB5210] <http://www.youtube.com/codeptofed>   [cid:image005.png at 01D38B86.8DAB5210] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/colorado-department-of-education/>

Email cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. Therefore, email cannot be used to transfer files containing personally identifiable information of educators or students. Contact the intended recipient to mutually determine enhanced security options for transferring such information.

Darci Hanning, MLIS
Technology Development Consultant
darci.hanning at state.or.us<mailto:darci.hanning at state.or.us> | 503-378-2527 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/orlibsupport> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/ORLibSupport> | Tumblr<http://www.statelibraryor.tumblr.com/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>