[PL-Directors] IMLS releases new strategic plan for 2018-2022

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Fri Jan 12 14:48:04 PST 2018

...Please excuse the cross-postings...

The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) released a new, concise 5-year strategic plan<https://www.imls.gov/news-events/news-releases/imls-presents-new-strategic-plan-2018-2022> for their federal agency this week. This document will mainly be used as a general guide to "frame how IMLS will advance, support, and empower America's libraries, museums, and the communities they serve."

The plan focuses on four goals for the IMLS for 2018-2022:

1.      To promote lifelong learning

2.      To build capacity

3.      To increase public access

4.      And to achieve excellence.

You may recognize a lot of overlap with the State Library of Oregon's own goals from our Library and Technology Services Act (LSTA) 2018-2022 Five-Year Plan<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/Pages/LSTA/plan.aspx>, which is of course a good thing. :) And I think "achieving excellence" in Oregon should go without saying, am I right?

The IMLS will be hosting a series of three Twitter chats<https://www.imls.gov/news-events/events> January 17, 24, and 31 to share more info about their plan and to gather feedback. I encourage anyone with interest in policy and grant making at the national level to participate in those conversations! Just watch for hashtag #IMLS2018<https://twitter.com/hashtag/IMLS2018>.

Cheers,

Ross Fuqua
Data & Federal Programs Consultant
503-378-5027 | www.oregon.gov/osl/ld<http://www.oregon.gov/osl/ld>