[PL-Directors] Oregon Public Library Statistical Report - Update for 9/9/19

Ross Fuqua Ross.Fuqua at state.or.us
Mon Sep 9 12:39:17 PDT 2019

Hello once again,

This is the third bi-weekly update for the 2019 Oregon Public Library Statistical Report. I have a few important technical updates/reminders for this week:

1.      You must use the secure URL provided to access this year's reporting tool: https://collectconnect.baker-taylor.com/login.aspx
Do not use any URLs provided in previous years (and please delete your old bookmarks!).

2.      If possible, avoid using the Microsoft Edge browser to complete your report - I've just learned of some compatibility issues that may prevent your data from being saved. Chrome or Firefox are recommended. I don't think anyone recommends using Internet Explorer for anything at this point.

3.      Questions 8.5 and 8.6 / Questions 9.18 and 9.19 - Internet Upload and Download Speeds (at all public library facilities):
They've changed the URL for the Internet speed test tool on us! The new link is: https://speed.measurementlab.net/#/. Instructions on the LibGuide have been updated<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/c.php?g=933551&p=6729378>, as well as within the B&T Collect reporting tool. Thanks very much to staff at Multnomah County Library for discovering this recent change!

4.      Some CCRLS libraries reported the 'CCRLS' option missing from the dropdown options on Question 8.7 - Name of consortium/district that provides shared ILS. I've had our vendor update the dropdown menu, and I have updated 8.7 for all CCRLS member libraries' reports.

5.      WCCLS member libraries: Question 6.10 - Successful Retrievals from Statewide Electronic Collections - I had pre-filled and locked this field in your reports with either zeros or erroneous data. I've worked with WCCLS staff this morning to get the correct numbers now entered in your reports. Sorry about the oversight on my part, and thanks to Janelle at Hillsboro Public Library for first mentioning this issue to me.

Congrats to the following libraries for completing their surveys since the last update!:

*        Wallowa Public Library

*        Hermiston Public Library

*        Vernonia Public Library

*        Umatilla Public Library

*        Elgin Public Library

*        North Powder City Library

Notes and updates:

Question 10.1 - Population Served

*        Your service population has now been entered, with the exception of member libraries of Lincoln County Library District and Coos County Library Service District. I'm still working with those districts to get those numbers solidified in the coming weeks.
Other:

*        If you think you're seeing an error or an edit check when you shouldn't be, please let me know<mailto:ross.fuqua at state.or.us> and I'll troubleshoot it ASAP.

As always, email me if you have questions, and please check out the instructions and FAQs for completing your statistical report at: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/publiclibrarystats

Thank you!