[PL-Directors] 2021 Oregon Public Library Stats Snapshot and 2022 "Meta-Survey" results

FUQUA Ross * SLO Ross.FUQUA at slo.oregon.gov
Tue Mar 15 16:31:47 PDT 2022

Hello Oregon public library directors,
I hope you are all doing well, and I have two pieces of information to share:

  1.  The results are in from our recent "meta-survey," which asked for your feedback on a number of changes we're considering for the 2022 Oregon Public Library Statistical Report.
     *   We had a fantastic response rate on this informal & optional survey, so thanks to all who took the time to complete it. A large majority of respondents are in favor of making all four changes we've proposed (at least 75% of respondents supported each proposal).
     *   Again, we have not yet made final decisions about these data elements for the 2022 stats report, but we really appreciate hearing from you - many of your comments articulated very nuanced points that will help us going forward. You can see a summary of the survey results in this PDF here.<https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/ld.php?content_id=65973419> Please share these results will colleagues who may have responded on behalf of your library.

  1.  I've created a new Oregon Public Library Snapshot<https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/statelibraryoforegon/viz/2021OregonPublicLibrarySnapshot/2021Snapshot> tool that features a select handful of the 2021 Statistical Report data. Choose your library from the dropdown list in the upper left, and download a copy of your library's infographic using the Download PDF button in the upper right. These tools are definitely works-in-progress, so I appreciate any and all feedback. Just a reminder that there is also a 2020 Snapshot<https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/statelibraryoforegon/viz/2020OregonPublicLibrarySnapshot/2020Snapshot> available as well.

Ross Fuqua, MA, MLIS (he/him)
Data & Digital Projects Consultant
State Library of Oregon
ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:ross.fuqua at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-375-3551
northwestdigitalheritage.org
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>
[cid:image001.png at 01D83887.51BB9D20]<https://www.northwestdigitalheritage.org/>  [cid:image002.png at 01D83887.51BB9D20] <http://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>