[R2R-OR] Looking for programs to showcase at state level meeting, contribute by January 25th

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Mon Jan 7 14:09:01 PST 2013

Hello! I will be presenting on Oregon libraries at a state level early childhood meeting the first week of February. As you know, libraries have been included in the Early Learning Council and Oregon's Race to the Top Early Learning Grant. This is our opportunity to show our state level partners what we do and how we can help.

I would like to include in my presentation examples of successful library partnerships and/or outreach programs your libraries are already implementing-regardless of funding. Programs might be storytimes, rotating books collections, early literacy training, play groups, or anything else your library provides for children under six and their caregivers.

If you would like me to show-off your library's successful program, please email me a brief description of your program, your name and contact information, and a photo by Friday, January 25th. Photos will only be used in a PowerPoint presented to state agency staff, they will not be shared publicly. Please let me know if you have any questions before submitting your program for inclusion in the PowerPoint. This is completely voluntary, however your program examples with photos will help our state level partners better understand what you do, how your libraries contribute to early learning, and that you are valuable partners.

I'm especially interested in programs that do one or more of the following so please be sure to specifically identify any partners and the target audience for your program:

*         Specifically target high-risk populations such as

o   Migrant children

o   Families who are English language learners

o   African Americans children

o   Native American children

o   Children in poverty

o   Children with special needs

o   Parents recovering from addiction

o   Teen parents

*          Partner with the following agencies

o   Healthy Start

o   Head Start

o   Child Care Resource & Referral

o   DHS (Department of Human Services)

o   WIC (Women Infants and Children)

o   childcare providers of all types

o   free lunch programs

o   teen parent classes/groups

*         Provide training for childcare providers for Oregon Registry continuing education credit

Thank you,
Katie