[R2R-OR] Order Spanish entry forms for the summer reading sweepstakes
katie.anderson at state.or.us
Tue Mar 18 13:33:25 PDT 2014
Hello! Sorry to use the R2R list for something not related to the grant, but it is the most effective way for me to collect orders for the Spanish entry forms because only one person from each library should place an order.
There are two changes to the summer reading sweepstakes. The prize for youth is changing from a $1,000 to a $529 Oregon College Savings Plan or $529 deposited into a winner's existing Oregon College Savings Plan account. This year the entry forms for the summer reading sweepstakes will be translated into Spanish.
Please email Kathy Griffin the following information to order Spanish entry forms by April 1st:
To: KGriffin at tiaa-cref.org<mailto:KGriffin at tiaa-cref.org>
Subject: Spanish entry form order
Body of email:
* Number of Spanish entry forms you need
* Library name
* Your name
* Your work phone number
The Spanish entry forms will be delivered with all the other summer reading sweepstakes material you ordered. If you can't remember what sweepstakes material you ordered, go to this document (http://www.oregon.gov/osl/LD/youthsvcs/srp.certificates/2013SRPstatisticsAndOrders.pdf) and find your library on pages 41-44. In the future, you will be able to order Spanish entry forms in the fall on the summer reading statistics and ordering survey when you order the other sweepstakes material, summer reading certificates, and summer reading manuals.
Below is a brief reminder about the summer reading sweepstakes.
These changes will be announced to the broader library community in the State Library's April newsletter, Letters to Libraries Online (LTLO), which is distributed via the libs-or email discussion list.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
Katie Anderson, Library Development Services
* Youth Services Consultant * Oregon Center for the Book Coordinator *
Oregon State Library, 250 Winter St. NE, Salem, OR 97301
katie.anderson at state.or.us<mailto:katie.anderson at state.or.us>, 503-378-2528
In 2010 the Oregon State Library, Oregon Library Association<http://www.olaweb.org/mc/page.do%3bjsessionid=05AF8118ED677B4816EFFDD191FF23BA.mc0?sitePageId=31596>, and Oregon College Savings Plan<https://www.oregoncollegesavings.com/index.html> (OCSP) partnered together to launch a sweepstakes in conjunction with the statewide summer reading program. The sweepstakes encourages parents, grandparents, and legal guardians of children 0-18 years old to enter to win a $529 Oregon College Savings Plan. At the end of each summer up to 15 winners, three from each of Oregon's five congressional districts, will be selected in a random drawing. The libraries indicated on the winning entry forms will receive $500 for their next summer reading program.
In 2011 the OCSP began underwriting one free summer reading performer for each legally established public library serving communities of fewer than 10,000 people, brining crowd-drawing events to small libraries that otherwise couldn't afford them. In 2012 the OCSP began a media partnership with KATU to promote summer reading at public libraries and the summer reading sweepstakes. OCSP supports these summer reading activities in conjunction with the sweepstakes because they benefit more youth beyond the 15 sweepstakes winners and their priority is to work with local libraries to provide youth with the experiences they need to get on and stay on the road to college.
Every fall all public libraries order sweepstakes materials when they complete the annual summer reading statistics and ordering survey administered by the State Library. The sweepstakes is an optional component of the summer reading program, and individual libraries may use the program materials in whatever way works best with their local summer reading program. Each year the name of the program will change to reflect the current summer reading program theme.
The 2013 We Dig Summer Reading and Saving for College program winners were:
* Alejandro Mendoza (Parent: Marta Traxtle) of Albany; Albany Public Library
* Chloe Hagel (Parent: Tina Hagel) of Sandy; Sandy Public Library
* Cody Griffin (Parent: Wendy Griffin) of Stanfield; Stanfield Public Library
* Elise Reese (Parent: Edward Reese) of Philomath; Philomath Community Library
* Elise Ritter (Parent: Laurel Ritter) of Corvallis; Corvallis-Benton County Public Library
* Elliott Frempong (Parent: Sarah Frempong) of Tualatin; Tualatin Public Library
* Hannah Zamora (Parent: Janell Zamora) of Hines; Harney County Library
* Ian Castaneda (Parent: Nancy Castaneda) of Portland; Hillsboro Main Library
* Ian Long (Parent: Kim Long) of Hillsboro; Hillsboro Main Library
* Keegan Ferro (Parent: Erin Ferro) of Portland; Belmont Library (Multnomah County Library)
* Mateo Minato (Parent: Amy Minato) of Portland; Hillsdale Library (Multnomah County Library)
* Priyanka Basak (Parent: Gloria Basak) of West Linn; West Linn Public Library
* Rachel Doughton (Parent: Errin Doughton) of Jefferson; Jefferson Public Library
* Taima Marrietta (Grandparent: Denice Lindsey) of Lakeview; Lake County Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: OR FizzBoomSave entry card v1.pdf
Size: 1631239 bytes
Desc: OR FizzBoomSave entry card v1.pdf
More information about the R2R-OR