[R2R-OR] Friday, January 8th Shoutout to Mt. Angel

BERGQUIST Greta * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jan 8 09:13:09 PST 2021

Hello everyone,

It's been a challenging week to focus and I hope you are doing alright today. At a staff meeting yesterday, we each shared a favorite place in nature that is a peaceful spot for us and so many Oregon treasures were mentioned - I deeply miss getting to travel across this lovely state to see you and your library communities. We are so lucky to live in a place full of outdoor beauty.  I hope this weekend you have a chance to get outside and breath deep.

I wanted to send a shout out to Mt. Angel Public Library - since she started there, Jackie Mills has been working tirelessly to get more opportunities for kids to learn, from jumping into a Leap Into Science project to working with 4-H and the county extension office. And now this new Star Net Steam Equity project<http://www.ala.org/tools/programming/steamequity> to keep going, just 1 of 12 in the whole country<https://pamplinmedia.com/wbi/152-news/493397-395535-mount-angel-library-selected-as-partner-in-exclusive-steam-grant->! It is exciting to see this work continue to benefit kids in Mt. Angel. We are grateful for Jackie and so many of you too, as you keep pressing forward. We see you and appreciate you.

Some of you have probably already seen and done this, but if you'd like to share your opinion about training needs, you can take a quick survey here<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ORNeeds2021> to help us make decisions about training opportunities to focus on for 2021-2023. If you are in need of some training, tell us about it here!

See you next week,

Greta

Greta Bergquist
Youth Services Consultant
971-375-3549 | www.oregon.gov/library<https://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/?hl=en> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/>

Coronavirus Info: https://libguides.osl.state.or.us/coronavirus

[cid:image003.png at 01D6E59E.7B12C730]