[R2R-OR] Friday, April 19th Shoutout

BERGQUIST Greta E * SLO Greta.BERGQUIST at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Apr 19 19:04:21 PDT 2024

Hello folks,

I hope it's sunny in your neck of the woods! I'm so thankful it appears winter is finally over on the west side. Like most weeks, there's a lot of good happening in Oregon libraries. I want to highlight Cottage Grove director Natasha Chitow's gracious interview<https://www.cgsentinel.com/news/where-we-live-inside-the-cottage-grove-library/article_c57e3a32-fcf3-11ee-bf18-837020cd7d8a.html> sharing just a few of the many ways libraries serve their community members.

I also want to highlight the impact libraries are making by linking to the city of Salem's April 17th budget committee meeting<https://www.youtube.com/live/izVi9gZV86o?feature=shared>. At about 11:40 into this video, there's approximately an hour of public testimony about the impact of the proposed budget cuts on the library. Additionally, the agenda<https://www.cityofsalem.net/government/boards-commissions/agendas-minutes/-folder-922> is 187 pages long due to the submitted written comments, and there is an addition to the agenda which is 100 pages, again primarily because of comments submitted about the library's role and community impact.

Mostly, I really appreciate the ways you all share about the work you are doing to serve your community, and the community members who take time to share that work too!

And one last plug for the Author & Presenter Fairs next Wednesday the 24th in Salem, drop in anytime between 1:30 and 4:30. You don't need to have registered, just come on over<https://oregonlibconference.org/2024/home/programs/>! I hope to see some of you there. Have a great weekend!

Best,
Greta

Greta Bergquist, MLIS, MAT (she/her/hers)
Youth Services Consultant
State Library of Oregon
greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:greta.bergquist at slo.oregon.gov>  | 971-375-3549
www.oregon.gov/library<http://www.oregon.gov/library>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[Title: State Library of Oregon]