[Reading-For-Healthy-Families] Website: books in other languages & manual online

Katie Anderson anderson_katie at oslmac.osl.state.or.us
Mon Nov 24 08:56:32 PST 2008

Hello!  I've just updated the RFHF Website, the most valuable changes to you will probably be that I've put the entire manual online and sources for purchasing books in other languages.  Some of the sources, such as Ingram, require purchasers to have an account.  Family support workers may want to partner with library staff to order books for their families.  You all should have contact information for the people in your cohort in your binders, but you can also access the public library directory at: http://egov.oregon.gov/OSL/LD/directories.shtml to get the phone number of your local library--just ask to speak with the youth services librarian if you forget library staff names.  Library staff, you can find Healthy Start's contact information at: http://www.oregon.gov/OCCF/Documents/HealthyStart/HSCommunityContacts.pdf.

Here are direct links to the web pages of particular interest.  Please note that the website's content manager doesn't have a good editing program so if you notice any mistakes please let me know so I can correct them.  The sources for books in other languages all came from some of you, thank you!

Sources for books in other languages:
http://oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.book.other.langs.shtml

The manual:
http://oregon.gov/OSL/LD/youthsvcs/rfhf.early.lit.manual.shtml#RFHF_Manual