[Sora] New SORA Mailing List Settings

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Mon Nov 21 16:53:58 PST 2016

Hello SORA folks,

Well, I think this is the first time we've had a two-way conversation appear on the SORA list and I'm very happy to see it.  Thank you for all that have replied to Cheng-Fei's question.  I have forwarded all the responses to the list.

I had set this list thinking it would be more of a one-way communication between the exec board and members.  However, after today's flurry I've decided as the list administrator to open the list up.

What this means?
Any SORA subscriber can now post directly to the list.  Simply reply to a message or address a new message to: sora at listsmart.osl.state.or.us<mailto:sora at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>

We will still screen new subscribers in an attempt to keep any spammers well away from the list.

Some folks have had difficulties posting to the list and in the process, wondered if they were subscribed to the list.   Oregon State Library hosted lists will only accept messages from the exact address you are subscribed with.
So, many SORA subscribers are  subscribed with their @state.or.us address but posting from either: @dhsoha.state.or.us or @oregon.gov addresses.  This is what is causing the posting issue.

What You Can Do?

I have however, set the list to notify the SORA list admins whenever someone tried to post from an unsubscribed address.  So, in case you don't want to go through the small hassle of changing your subscription address, your friendly admins will catch and pass along.

Please let me know if you have any questions about the SORA list.

Happy Thanksgiving to each & every one of you.

-Jerry
SORA Volunteer Coordinator & List Admin
Jerry Curry
Reference Librarian
Oregon State Library
Salem, OR

jerry.w.curry at state.or.us<mailto:jerry.w.curry at state.or.us>
503-378-5008

Check out our databases & resources or
request a presentation to your work group.
http://library.state.or.us