[Sora] Welcome to SORA, Save the Date & Sunlight Foundation Survey

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Mon Nov 6 15:43:45 PST 2017

Hello SORA folks,

First of all, welcome to the *many* new members to our group and to this mailing list.

Second, we are in the process of finalizing our Winter program so please "save the date".   Further details including program to be announced shortly.

SORA Winter Program
When:  Tuesday, December 12th.
Where:  DCBS Building, 350 Winter St., NE, Salem, OR 97301, Room 260
Time:  1:00 - 3:00 PM

Lastly, I came across a survey conducted by the Sunlight Foundation and distributed to staff in 63 U.S. cities.  The survey was in regards to the importance of data collected and published by the federal government.
There might be some interesting results to review.

In particular:

*         Types of data used

*         Federal data sources most often utilized

*         Use of federal data

*         Frequency of data publication

*         Accuracy of data produced

*         Concerns over the "future of federal data"

The survey results are available here:  https://sunlightfoundation.com/cities-need-federal-data/

Once again, welcome aboard.

-Jerry

Jerry Curry