[Sora] We need your help!

CHAPMAN Tasha L * DCBS Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov
Mon Jul 15 13:55:43 PDT 2019

Hey guys!

SORA is working on a couple projects, and we could use your help.

Social Media Subcommittee
As we mentioned during our May 30th meeting, one of the requests that came out of our focus groups was for SORA to start utilizing Social Media.  We'd like to create a subcommittee to discuss our options, such as which platform to use, how to manage content, etc., and find the right path moving forward.  The commitment would be brief - just a couple a meetings where we pontificate on the best way for SORA to use social media. :)  If this is something that might be of interest to you, send an email to Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov<mailto:Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov> to volunteer.

2019 Diversity and Inclusion Conference
SORA will be hosting a booth at this year's Diversity Conference to help educate state employees about our organization and the research being done around the state.  The conference is September 11th and 12th, and we need folks to help us staff the table.  If you have an hour or two you'd be willing to spare, let us know!  Send an e-mail to Samina.T.Panwhar at state.or.us<mailto:Samina.T.Panwhar at state.or.us> to get signed up.

Also, if your agency has some work that you would like us to share - especially (although certainly not limited to) research related to diversity and inclusion - let us know!  We'd love to showcase your pubs at our booth.  Send an e-mail to Tasha.L.Chaman at oregon.gov<mailto:Tasha.L.Chaman at oregon.gov> for more info.

SORA Workforce Development Programs
We're looking for people who are willing to host a job shadow or informational interview.  If you haven't signed up yet, what's stopping you? :)  Head over to OregonResearch.org<oregonresearch.org> to sign-up to be a host or to participate in a job shadow yourself.  If you have questions, contact Alethia.Miller at oregonlegislature.gov<mailto:Alethia.Miller at oregonlegislature.gov> for more info.

Looking forward to working with you!

[cid:image001.png at 01D53B14.58BB6B00]Tasha Chapman
2019 SORA Communications Coordinator