[Sora] Did we mention there will be TWO outstanding presentations next week?

CHAPMAN Tasha L * DCBS Tasha.L.Chapman at oregon.gov
Fri Oct 18 08:47:30 PDT 2019

Hey SORA,

In addition to the presentation from Ed Vawter on best practices in data quality, next week will also feature a presentation on some of the great work looking at Career Technical Education programs.

CTE and Students with Disabilities: A Preliminary Analysis
KC Andrew, Dan Findley, James Fouch, and Gabby Nunley, Higher Education Coordinating Commission and Oregon Department of Education
This will be a discussion on the impact Career and Technical Education (CTE) programs can have on special education high school students' post-school outcomes. We will discuss learning about the intersection of students with disabilities and CTE; comparing the outcomes of those special education students who participated in CTE programs vs. those who did not; demystifying students with disabilities and CTE; and next steps.

SORA October Event
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
10am-12pm
Labor and Industries Building
350 Winter St. NE, Salem
Room 260

As always, live streaming will be available from OregonResearch.org.  Spread the word!  We hope to see you there!

[cid:image001.png at 01D58590.ABE90E60]Tasha Chapman
2019 SORA Communications Coordinator