[Sora] Recruiting for a VISTA Position with the Oregon Health Authority Ombuds Program

Jerry Curry jerry.w.curry at state.or.us
Mon Feb 24 13:16:09 PST 2020

From: Dobra Sarah E [mailto:SARAH.E.DOBRA at dhsoha.state.or.us]
Sent: Tuesday, February 18, 2020 8:21 AM
To: Sora <sora-bounces at listsmart.osl.state.or.us>
Subject: Recruiting for a VISTA Position with the Oregon Health Authority Ombuds Program

The Oregon Health Authority Ombuds Program is recruiting for a VISTA Volunteer. For interested candidates seeking to develop skills in data, this position could be tailored to some of these pieces. Please feel free to share the information below and attached.

The OHA Ombuds Program supports Oregon Health Plan member access to quality, value-based care through acting on Oregon Health Plan members behalf to resolve their access to care and quality of care concerns. We are recruiting for a yearlong VISTA volunteer to work with our program!

As a VISTA volunteer you will have the opportunity to work with a new team committed to the health and wellbeing of Oregonians. This position will be able to build and strengthen many program elements of this new program. If you like or want to gain experience in program development and implementation, communications, working with a committed team, and supporting access to health care, this is the place for you to be.

The VISTA will develop key program elements to build a sustainable Ombuds program that supports low income Medicaid members. Activities include internal and external program communications and outreach, process and procedure documentation, marketing strategies, team trainings, health equity integration, data collection and reporting, and strengthening of the Ombuds Advisory Council. The VISTA will ensure that outward facing Ombuds program outreach to community organizations and Oregon Medicaid members focuses on populations and groups facing health inequalities and integrates the Oregon Health Authority focus on targeting health inequalities. Specific activities include scheduling and managing meetings, organizing and facilitating team trainings, supporting communication and outreach, researching best practices, strengthen collaborations, and data collection, management and reporting.

You can learn more about and apply to this position here:

Oregon Health Authority – Ombuds Program<https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?id=93333&fromSearch=true> (Salem)

Please feel free to share on social media postings:
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/posts/oregon-health-authority_the-oha-ombuds-program-is-now-recruiting-activity-6635201404610969600-7unZ
Twitter: https://twitter.com/OHAOregon/status/1229442990453686272
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OregonHealthAuthority/photos/a.180616325308466/2741922719177801/?type=3&theater

Key dates to know are:

KEY DATES

March 20: Recruitment closes. No interviews or candidates selected after this date.

April 13, 2020 to April 12, 2021: Your year of national service on our team.

Recruitment is currently open and candidates are considered on a rolling basis. Apply today!

Additional information about the VISTA program in Oregon is included below and also attached. Interested candidates should apply as soon as possible in order to be considered for this position.

Thank you,

Sarah

Sarah Dobra
Manager, Ombuds Program and Innovator Agents
Member and Stakeholder Support Unit, External Relations Division
OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY
sarah.e.dobra at dhsoha.state.or.us<mailto:sarah.e.dobra at dhsoha.state.or.us>
Cell: 503-798-3610
Ombuds Program: 877-642-0450 / 503-947-2346
OHA.OmbudsOffice at dhsoha.state.or.us<mailto:OHA.OmbudsOffice at dhsoha.state.or.us> or send a secure email from the Ombuds website:
https://www.oregon.gov/oha/ERD/Pages/Ombuds-Program.aspx
نتكلم العربية Hablamos Español

Celebrating 10 years with over 250 OHA AmeriCorps VISTAs (Volunteers in Service to America) and we’re still counting! http://healthoregon.org/vista

Join Oregon’s VISTA team to build healthy communities and your career.
Recruiting now for 11 positions starting in April 2020 throughout Oregon

SPREAD THE WORD

Positions are now open for the April 2020 team in the Oregon Health Authority/VISTA Partnership Project. Please forward this announcement widely to reach new professionals interested in public health, fighting poverty and career development through a year of national service.

LEARN MORE, CONTACT US AND APPLY:

http://healthoregon.org/vista

APPLY NOW

Candidates are interviewed and selected as applications are received – so apply as soon as possible. Positions must be filled no later than March 20.

CHALLENGING AND REWARDING NATIONAL SERVICE

During a challenging year of national service as AmeriCorps VISTA service members, our team members lead anti-poverty public health initiatives in their agencies and communities. A Year With AmeriCorps- Is It Right For You?<http://idealistcareers.org/americorps-for-you/>.

Our team serves in the areas of community wellness programs, behavioral health, chronic disease prevention, public health department accreditation, quality improvement processes, health equity, women’s and children’s health, obesity reduction, and opioid prevention. We are a statewide sponsoring organization for approximately 30 VISTA positions.

BENEFITS AMERICORPS PROVIDES

  *   A $6,195 Segal AmeriCorps Education Award or $1,800 post-service stipend
  *   $12,490-$14,665 living allowance for the year (set by AmeriCorps, varies by county)
  *   Health benefits
  *   Financial support for relocation before and after your year of service
  *   Student loan forbearance or deferment while in service for qualified federal loans
  *   One year of noncompetitive status for a federal government job
  *   AmeriCorps VISTA FAQs<https://www.nationalservice.gov/programs/americorps/americorps-programs/americorps-vista/americorps-vista-faqs>

BENEFITS OREGON HEALTH AUTHORITY PROVIDES

  *   Team building with your cohort of more than 30 members around Oregon
  *   Kick off retreat orienting you to Oregon and public health
  *   Team meetings throughout the year for conferences, customized training and professional development
  *   Sponsored travel to conferences and trainings you choose
  *   Support from our team at the state Public Health Division
  *   Support for your job hunting, career exploration, resume-building, networking for your next career moves

11 OPEN POSITIONS

Positions are available throughout the state, both in urban centers and scenic rural areas. Oregon is a wonderful place to build a career in public health. Read about our open positions here http://healthoregon.org/vista.

LEARN MORE AND APPLY:

http://healthoregon.org/vista

CONTACT US:

We welcome your email, calls and questions. Our shared inbox is a great way to reach us:

oha.vista at dhsoha.state.or.us<mailto:oha.vista at dhsoha.state.or.us>

Or contact individuals directly:

Inga Suneson

VISTA Leader for Fall 2019-2020 team