[Sora] Carto use at State of Oregon

SRINIVASAN Kate * HCS Kate.Srinivasan at oregon.gov
Mon Mar 29 16:38:45 PDT 2021

Hi all,

We are evaluating Carto<https://carto.com/> as a potential software for use at OHCS. I'm wondering if any other state agencies currently use it, and if you'd be open to talking about your experience with it including likes and dislikes, as well as usability and comparison to other software like GIS. It seems most state agencies rely heavily on GIS for mapping needs, however we're evaluating Carto for its potential to eliminate barriers to entry both on for the data analyst side and also the user (public-facing data exploration) side.

Please reach out if you have experience (personal or professional) and are willing to chat.

Thank you,

"And once you realize that you can do something, it would be difficult to live with yourself if you didn't do it." -James Baldwin

[cid:image002.jpg at 01D724B9.FC17D910]Kate Srinivasan
Senior Research Analyst
Oregon Housing & Community Services
725 Summer St NE, Suite B | Salem, OR 97301
Cell: 503-383-6242 | Office: 503-986-5468