[Sora] Job Opportunity - Economist 4/Caseload Forecaster

TOOMAN Gregory Gregory.TOOMAN at dhsoha.state.or.us
Tue Feb 14 17:51:45 PST 2023

Greetings SORA members:
The Office of Forecasting Research and Analysis (OFRA) is recruiting for a Caseload Forecaster/Economist 4 position. OFRA is a shared service of the Oregon Department of Human Services and the Oregon Health Authority.

Our team is tasked with investigating and charting the intersection between public policy and demand for services, as well as the impact of economic and public policy decisions that affect one-in-four Oregonians. Our results are used to build evidence-based budgets for the two largest agencies in Oregon government. Caseload forecasters in our team come from such varied areas as biology, psychology, demographics, and economics. We're looking for candidates with a background in applied statistics for the social sciences and/or econometrics that can be applied to the development of projections of programs like SNAP, Medicaid, and other means-tested programs that can be influenced by demographics and economics.

We are a true learning organization, made up of high performing professionals who approach complex problems with intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm. OFRA prides itself on accommodating staff preferences for work schedules. Staff are primarily working from home with intermittent time in the office with dedicated office space. Sponsoring out-of-state employees working 100 percent remotely will be considered. This posting will remain open until filled.

This vacancy has been posted on the State of Oregon Career Opportunities website. I encourage you to share this opportunity with your network, community partners, and other interested groups or individuals.

Internal Link for Current State Employees: Economist 4, Caseload Forecaster, Open Until Filled<https://wd5.myworkday.com/oregon/d/inst/15$158872/9925$140072.htmld>

Note*** If you are a current state employee, and if interested in the position, be sure to apply to this announcement through your Workday Employee Account.

External Link: Salem--DHS--Summer-Street/Economist-4--Caseload-Forecaster--Open-Until-Filled_REQ-120284-1<https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--DHS--Summer-Street/Economist-4--Caseload-Forecaster--Open-Until-Filled_REQ-120284-1>

Thanks!
Gregory Tooman
Manager, Office of Forecasting Research and Analysis
A Shared Service of the Department of Human Services and the Oregon Health Authority
500 Summer Street NE, Salem OR 97301
(971) 283-8460