[Treasury-News] Oregon State Treasury | Agency to LGIP within SFMA

OST NEWSLISTS OST.NEWSLISTS at ost.state.or.us
Thu Sep 28 16:08:28 PDT 2017

[cid:image003.png at 01D33874.0433ECF0]

_

Agency to LGIP within SFMA
This coming Monday, our Local Government Investment Pool Business Systems Renewal project reaches an important milestone when our new system for local government customers goes live. Over the past few months, we have worked with our agency customers that transfer funds to and from the pool to understand how this change impacts them.

Early on, we recognized agencies' wish to be able to transfer to the pool via SFMA and worked hard to continue to support such transfers. As part of final testing, we have identified one small impact related to transfers to the pool via SFMA. Because the new system and local government accounts are hosted by a service vendor-while agency accounts are maintained at Treasury-transaction descriptions on agency statements cannot stay the same.

Agencies will still be able to make transfers to the pool via SFMA and will see the same information within SFMA-only agency statements will be impacted. In the past, transfers to the pool via SFMA have had a transaction description on agency statements of "SFMS To:Smith County." As of Monday, the transaction description will change to "SFMS To: LGIP Account #9999."

Because this change is isolated to agency statements, we believe this change will have minimal impact on our agency customers. And based on our testing, we do not anticipate any other additional impacts to accompany the new system this weekend. But because such transformational steps forward can include unforeseen impacts, we want to reassure our agency customers that Treasury is prepared to work with you to meet your business needs if issues arise.

We take seriously our role in supporting your work to serve Oregonians, and we thank you for your patience and flexibility as we work to bring all of our customers an improved experience.

350 Winter Street NE, Suite 100 | Salem, OR 97301-3896 | Phone (503) 378-4000 | www.oregon.gov/treasury<http://www.oregon.gov/treasury>