[gis_info] GIS Programmer position opportunity in Idaho
Linda.Davis at idwr.idaho.gov
Tue Jan 12 11:24:14 PST 2016
IT Systems Integration Analyst, Senior
Idaho Department of Fish and Game is recruiting for a senior level programmer with GIS experience who wants to contribute to the management of fish and wildlife resources in Idaho!
Working in the Idaho Fish and Wildlife Information System (IFWIS) this person's primary responsibility will be to develop desktop, Web, mobile, and GIS applications for the Department's fisheries and wildlife programs. The successful applicant will work in an interdisciplinary group of developers, GIS Analysts, and data managers in a Windows, ArcGIS/SDE/Server, SQL Server and Web programming team environment. This position will work closely with IDFG biologists and data managers in the fisheries and wildlife programs in IDFG.
This is a senior level position. At this level, incumbents are able to plan, design, conduct and oversee major GIS, Web and mobile application development, database, and analysis projects. They will be expected to serve as a technical lead and department expert in programming, Web, mobile, and GIS and technologies and applications. There will be opportunities to accompany IDFG fisheries and wildlife biologists into the field on a variety of management and research tasks to learn first-hand how they collect data.
The ideal candidate will have a history of leadership with responsibility for the development of large, complex applications, database, and GIS projects. He/she will be team oriented and able to work in a team-oriented environment and conduct frequent interaction and communication with biologists. The ideal candidate will also have experience administering ArcGIS Server and geodatabases and have a desire to apply information systems and technology to the management and conservation of fish and wildlife.
* Develop desktop, Web, mobile, and GIS applications for the fisheries and wildlife programs, as well as contribute to other IDFG needs.
* Experience: researching, designing and installing a new or enhanced complex integrated system which included multiple technologies and platforms and the resolution of conflicting goals; installing, maintaining, troubleshooting, and resolving complex multi-architecture and applications software problems.
* Experience designing and administering relational databases in SQL Server or similar relational database management system.
* Experience operating, applying and programming Esri software products in a work environment.
* Experience administering ArcGIS Server and geodatabases.
Salary Range: $27.00 - $30.00 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits! <http://dhr.idaho.gov/benefits.html>
Open for Recruitment: January 11, 2016 - February 1, 2016
Apply at: https://labor.idaho.gov/DHR/ATS/StateJobs/jobannouncement.aspx?announcement_no=01640058460
For more information contact:
Manager, Idaho Fish and Wildlife Information System
Idaho Department of Fish and Game
600 S. Walnut, Box 25
Boise, ID 83707
Office: (208) 287-2722
Mobile: (208) 631-5091
Fax: (208) 334-2114
Email: bart.butterfield at idfg.idaho.gov<mailto:bart.butterfield at idfg.idaho.gov>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the gis_info