[gis_info] Historic fire polygons GIS question

Erik Fernandez ef at oregonwild.org
Thu Oct 8 15:38:07 PDT 2020

A couple folks suggested this site:  https://data-nifc.opendata.arcgis.com/
While this looks very comprehensive it also appears to be very accurate - a
lot of the polygons are doubled or tripled in a way that's proving hard to
resolve over many years. Seems like the best layer, but unless I'm missing
something in how to use it, it needs A LOT of work to be usable.

The ODF layer/graphic is great but doesn't include most fires (presumably
excludes federal land fires).

INCIWEB would seem an obvious place to find this layer, but I've not
found it there.

A few folks suggested Emmor Nile and NWCC. I've reached out to them,
awaiting response.

If I find THE definitive layer I'll respond back to this list, but so far
no dice. Thanks for the quick responses.

Erik

--

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/oregon-wild>