[gis_info] Setting A Map Projection for Single and Multiple Layers in ArcGIS Pro

Eric Pimpler eric at geospatialtraining.com
Mon Nov 29 08:06:15 PST 2021

*In this tutorial, we’ll add an XY-value dataset to ArcGIS Pro and show how
to project a single map layer and set the projection for multiple layers
inside a map.*

*Introduction*

Often, you will need to work with spatial data from outside your
organization. You will have to figure out what it represents and how to
import it correctly in order to be able to work with it inside Pro. Here,
we’ll be using a dataset that has latitude and longitude values that has
already been projected. We’ll perform the following four steps:

   1. Download and examine the data
   2. Add the data to the map window in Pro
   3. Change the projection of a single layer
   4. Change the projection for the entire map, including all data layers

Read the entire tutorial.
<http://geospatialtraining.com/setting-a-map-projection-for-single-and-multiple-layers-in-arcgis-pro/>

Thanks,

--