[Libs-Or] Open Access Digital Platforms for Unique OSU Content on July 23, 2024 at 2:00pm

Trott, Sara sara.trott at oregonstate.edu
Mon Jul 8 09:26:49 PDT 2024

Oregon Reference Summit Presents 2024

The Oregon Reference Summit invites you to join us on Tuesday, July 23, at 2:00pm-2:45pm for "Open Access Digital Platforms for Unique OSU Content"

Our presenter, Margaret Mellinger, Department Head of Library Information Technology at OSU Libraries, will discuss what open access content is available in three digital platforms hosted by Oregon State University Libraries. Joining Margaret will be Janine Salwasser with the Institute for Natural Resources at OSU.

Please join us Tuesday, July 23rd at 2:00pm-2:45pm Pacific Time.

Open Access Digital Platforms for Unique OSU Content

Oregon State University Libraries (OSUL) hosts three open access web applications that contain unique content. ScholarsArchive at OSU is our institutional repository where we present scholarly content like theses, dissertations, reports, journal articles, presentations, and datasets. Oregon Digital is our digital asset management system that we share with University of Oregon Libraries; it contains digitized and born-digital items from the unique and historic collections of both institutions. Oregon Explorer, a partnership between OSUL and the Institute for Natural Resources, is an online resource that provides comprehensive access to environmental, natural resource, and geographic information about Oregon, facilitating informed decision-making and education. This presentation will dive into some of the content in each of these applications, and talk about audience, as well as the importance of open access to our work as librarians.

This presentation will be recorded.

Register here<https://oregonstate.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJAkc-ygqT8rE9LFjXiwYEQuYjn50NwaiMBd>. A Zoom link will be sent to you along with a calendar invite.

For more information about the Oregon Reference Summit, please visit our website<https://sites.google.com/olaweb.org/oregon-reference-summit/>.

For questions contact: