[Libs-Or] The Backlash was Inevitable, But it Means We’re Winning

Every Library everylibrary at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 11:42:46 PDT 2024

We're excited to announce three more sessions for the Library Advocacy and
Funding Conference (July 24-26th), with discussions from Maureen
Corrigan, Lorena and Roberto Germán, and Andrew Aydin.

REGISTER - www.lafcon.org
We want to ensure you will learn something new and unique from people you
might never have heard from before. We also want to bring expertise and
opinion from outside of librarianship to help infuse our industry with new
ideas, strategies, and tactics for rebuilding support for library funding.
At the Library Advocacy and Funding Conference, you'll be sure to hear
presenters that you've never heard before from some of the largest
campaigns, advocacy, and fundraising organizations.

Not only will you get access to over 40 brand-new sessions
<https://www.lafcon.org/sessions>, but you'll also get access to all of the
sessions from our 2020 conference <https://www.lafcon.org/2020sessions> and
our 2022 conference <https://www.lafcon.org/sessions2022>!

REGISTER - www.lafcon.org

Each session is pre-recorded so that you can watch it at any time
throughout the three days of the conference. It doesn't matter what time
zone you're in or when you want to attend! Just pick and choose the
sessions that interest you most and watch them at any time!
The Politics of Reviewing in An Age of Book Banning with Maureen Corrigan
<https://www.lafcon.org/maureen_corrigan>

A look back at some key moments in attempts to ban or disappear books in
America and how the current wave of book banning makes book reviewing more
vexed and urgent.
Reading for Justice: Literature as a Tool for Antiracism with Lorena and
Roberto Germán <https://www.lafcon.org/lorena_and_roberto_german>

Join us for an engaging and transformative session where we explore the
power of literature in fostering antiracism.
The Backlash was Inevitable, But it Means We’re Winning with Andrew Aydin
<https://www.lafcon.org/andrew_aydin>

National Book Award-winning author Andrew Aydin discusses the progress,
context, and history of modern activism through his work with America’s
libraries and how history is a guide for overcoming the present-day
backlash.