[Libs-Or] Oregon Talking Books is looking for our next Outreach Librarian! (Application Deadline 6/19)

ROBINSON Jen * SLO Jen.ROBINSON at slo.oregon.gov
Fri Jun 7 09:02:57 PDT 2024

Good morning,
Due to an internal promotion, we've got an opening for a new Outreach Librarian. If you saw me slinging buttons at the State Library's OLA booth this year then you already know this job is F-U-N. If you are the person always asking "is this accessible?" or "what do our patrons really want?" - we'd love to hear from you. If you are that person and a Spanish speaker then we REALLY WANT to hear from you! 🙂

Please see and share the posting below.  I'm happy to answer any questions.

Are you looking for unique and meaningful library work? Have you heard of Talking Books? We’re the best kept secret in libraries, but we’re working on changing that. You can help by applying to be our next Outreach Librarian! We're a dedicated and creative team and our everyday aim  is improving accessibility to books – and the World at large – for our users.

This position at the State Library of Oregon is part of the Talking Book and Braille Library<https://www.oregon.gov/library/print-disabilities/Pages/About-Us.aspx> (Talking Books) division. An estimated 62,000 Oregonians have limited vision or other disabilities which prevent them from being able to use conventional books or other printed materials. Talking Books serves as the Oregon regional library for the print-disabled within the National Library Service's network by providing a wide variety of reading materials in audio or Braille formats.

As the Outreach Librarian, you will coordinate patron services and further the reach of the Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library through intentional outreach and engaging programming. You'll be collaborating with interest groups, educators, and professionals about improving services for print disabled Oregonians of all ages, including systematically underrepresented and under-resourced communities. You will also maintain and develop the collection and assist with the administration of the Automated Systems. The Outreach Librarian analyzes, plans, coordinates, creates, and maintains resources and services for Talking Book users.

For a full review of the position duties, details, and working conditions, please see the Position Description.<https://www.oregon.gov/jobs/Documents/PD-159733.pdf>

Application deadline: June 19th
Salary range: $4,755 - $7,296/month

Preference Statement:
Those candidates with two years professional library experience and/or fluent bilingual Spanish/English skills will be given preference in this recruitment.
To see more details and apply:
https://oregon.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/SOR_External_Career_Site/job/Salem--OSL--State-Library/Outreach-Librarian--Librarian-_REQ-157849

Jen Robinson (she/her)

Program Supervisor, Talking Books

State Library of Oregon

jen.robinson at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jen.robinson at slo.oregon.gov>

(503) 378-5391

TalkingBooks.Oregon.gov

[Logo of a colorful patchwork letter "O" with text that reads State Library of Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library]