[Libs-Or] IL Summit is this week! Weds & Thurs at 1pm. Still time to register

ILAGO Chair ilago.chair at gmail.com
Tue May 21 16:36:20 PDT 2024

*Please excuse cross posting*

We are looking forward to seeing many of you this week at the IL Summit.
Registration is still open, and we hope you can make it!

Please note, you must register for each day separately.

Session 1: Wednesday, May 22nd, 1pm PT

We welcome guest speaker Frederick Carey, History & Philosophy Librarian at
the University of Colorado Boulder, to share their research “Communicating
with Information: Creating Inclusive Learning Environments for Students
with ASD
<https://www.inthelibrarywiththeleadpipe.org/2020/communicating-with-information/>
”.

Registration link for session 1: https://forms.gle/SYhcVHfZBthJzcJo9

Sessions 2 & 3: Thursday May, 23rd

Session 2: Thursday, May 23rd, 1-2 pm PT

We welcome our librarian colleagues to share information literacy focused
mini-presentations.

   -

   Strategic Database Instruction for K12 Teacher Librarians - Jennifer
   McKenzie, Siuslaw School District 9
   -

   Bursting Misinformation Bubbles and Getting Real: Why Moving Beyond
   Traditional Info Lit Instruction Deepens Connections and Conversations with
   Student and Faculty - Ann Matsuchima Chiu and Carly Lamphere, Reed College
   -

   Accessibility is Critical to Information Literacy- Jennifer Sturge,
   Antioch University

Session 3: Thursday, May 23rd, 2-3 pm PT

Sharing IL updates around the state. Hear from others around the state and
bring information from your institution to share. Topics  include:

   -

   Corequisite requirements and learning support
   -

   Dual credit & IL instruction
   -

   General Education or foundational IL outcomes
   -

   Serving students who are incarcerated
   -

   Students attending but not submitting work
   -

   Bring your own IL topic – what’s at issue for your institution?

Registration link for sessions 2 & 3:  https://forms.gle/SJvdB95HH6TQJWS29

Please send all questions to ilago.chair at gmail.com
Thank you!

--

Information Literacy Advisory Group of Oregon
https://ilago.wordpress.com/