[Answerland] Cooperative Chat Survey - Academic Librarians in the United States

COX Jennifer * SLO Jennifer.COX at slo.oregon.gov
Wed Dec 13 11:43:25 PST 2023

Good Morning,
I'm sending this research survey out on behalf of a request that I received from librarians at Washington State University. After speaking with the point of contact, I have some context to the message below. This survey is intended(designed)  to collect responses for academic librarians located in the United States only.  The survey will close January 31st. Thank you for your time in consideration of helping our academic library colleagues with this research. Should you have any questions, please see the contact information below for the team conducting this research. Please also feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Jennifer Cox, MLIS (she/her)
Virtual Reference Coordinator, Library Support & Development Services
State Library of Oregon
jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov<mailto:jennifer.cox at slo.oregon.gov> | 971-600-4992
www.oregon.gov/library/libraries<https://www.oregon.gov/library/libraries>
Follow us: Facebook<http://fb.me/StateLibraryOR> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/StateLibraryOR> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/statelibraryor/> | Pinterest<https://pinterest.com/statelibraryor/> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-kU8Gu0jS_YcnXg-b_TRA/featured>

[cid:image002.png at 01DA2DA9.EDFB6710]

Hello,
Washington State University (WSU) Librarians Erin Hvizdak, Pamela Martin, and Jen Saulnier Lange are inviting you to participate in a survey about levels of librarian anxiety while operating cooperative chat reference services. The purpose of this study is to examine how a variety of factors, including librarian anxiety, impact the level of service that chat operators can provide in 24/7 cooperative chat reference services.
The survey can be found at this link: https://wsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_8iCRvj3cNIZcEHs
The survey will take 15-20 minutes, with several options to either continue answering questions or end the survey. You will not receive any direct benefit or incentives from participating in the survey. The survey is completely voluntary and anonymous. Your reference team leader will not have access to this data and will not know if you completed it or not. You do not have to complete the survey and may close the survey at any time. There will be an option at the end of the survey to enter a new form and provide your email for a possible future focus interview. Your contact information will not be connected with your survey responses.
If you have any questions or concerns about your participation, or about your rights as a participant, please contact Erin Hvizdak, Pamela Martin, or Jen Saulnier Lange.
This study has been certified as Exempt by the WSU Human Research Protection Program. If you have questions about this, please contact the WSU Institutional Review Board at irb at wsu.edu<mailto:irb at wsu.edu> at 509-335-7646.
Thank you,
Erin Hvizdak (erin.hvizdak at wsu.edu<mailto:erin.hvizdak at wsu.edu>) 509-335-9514
Pamela Martin (pamela.martin at wsu.edu<mailto:pamela.martin at wsu.edu>) 509-335-4303
Jen Saulnier Lange (jennifer.saulnier at wsu.edu<mailto:jennifer.saulnier at wsu.edu>) 509-335-1999