[kids-lib] Book donations needed for Library Legislative Day

Katie Anderson katiea at wccls.org
Wed Dec 19 16:16:33 PST 2018

Hi all,

Thanks to those of you who went to Books-n-Brew and donated books for Oregon's Library Legislative Day (Tuesday, February 12 at the State Capitol). We received about 140 books and need about 100 more new books. We especially need picture books, beginning readers, K-2 chapter books, and juvenile graphic novels. We also need more of everything in Spanish, except non-fiction.

Please keep in mind that these books will end up on the shelves of the library you work at. Your state representative and state senator will choose one of these books, OLA Library Legislative Committee members will put a name plate in the book acknowledging your legislator, and send it to your library.

Thank you for considering a donation!

The books are being stored by Ferol Wayland at the State Library.  You can send them to her at

ATTN: Ferol Wayland

State Library of Oregon
250 Winter St. NE
Salem, OR 97301-3950

If it’s easier for you, the people listed below will collect books too.

Bend
Buzzy Nielsen
bnielsen at crooklib.org

Grants Pass
Kate Lasky
klasky at josephinelibrary.org

Multnomah County
Natasha Forrester-Campbell
natashaf at multcolib.org

Portland Metro
Katie Anderson
katiea at wccls.org

Katie Anderson, Youth Services Librarian
Washington County Cooperative Library Services
katiea at wccls.org, 503-846-3209

________________________________

This year for Legislative Day Katie Anderson and Jane Corry are trying something new. In an effort to increase participation, they are asking OLA members to contribute books, preferably ones that are on the ORCA list, the Beverly Cleary list, the OBOB lists, or a recent picture book by an Oregon author or illustrator.

A great place to bring those books would be to the Books-n-Brew event organized by Jane and Jeana (CSD) which will be at the Lucky Lab (Hawthorne location) on December 11th, from 6-9 p.m. Learn more here: https://www.olaweb.org/index.php?option=com_jevents&task=icalrepeat.detail&evid=189&Itemid=137&year=2018&month=12&day=11&title=pdx-boks-n-brews-a-qbook-raiserq-for-library-legislative-day&uid=ca425270239c9e6df350e8bc76fe99b6

So stop by your favorite bookstore to pick up an appropriate title and bring it on down to the Lucky Lab on the 11th! It's a great cause and a fun way to contribute!

Thanks!
Mo

Maureen Cole
mcole at orcity.org<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/libs-or><mailto:mcole at orcity.org<http://listsmart.osl.state.or.us/mailman/listinfo/libs-or>>
Library Director
Oregon City Public Library
606 John Adams St.
Oregon City, Oregon 97045
503-657-8269 ext. 1010
503-657-3702 fax
Website: www.orcity.org/library<http://www.orcity.org/library>
Follow us on: Facebook!<https://www.facebook.com/oregoncitylibrary>https://www.facebook.com/oregoncitylibrary
Subscribe to our email newsletter!<http://orcity.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=271f21539981149d9f0576ba6&id=38181f8585>http://orcity.us5.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=271f21539981149d9f0576ba6&id=38181f8585

PUBLIC RECORDS LAW DISCLOSURE: This e-mail is subject to the
State Retention Schedule and may be made available to the public.