[Libs-Or] Privacy statement about checkout histories

Cindy Gibbon cindyg at multcolib.org
Tue Jul 10 14:11:26 PDT 2012

Buzzy, we have one on our catalog (Millennium) that patrons see when they
sign up to save their history:

Privacy Warning

By subscribing to My Reading History, I acknowledge that Multnomah County
Library's online library system will retain for my personal use a list of
all materials that I borrow. I may unsubscribe from this service or remove
any or all titles from my reading history at any time. Library staff will
not access or release my reading history unless required by law to do so. *I
understand that anyone with access to my library card number and PIN can
check my reading history or any other information attached to my account. *
* *

*Please review the privacy
policy<http://www.multcolib.org/about/pol-privacy.html>for more
information about Multnomah County Library's confidentiality
practices.*

*
*

*Cindy*