[Libs-Or] Privacy statement about checkout histories

Buzzy Nielsen buzzy at hoodriverlibrary.org
Fri Jul 13 12:04:08 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much to those of you who responded to my query. Here's a
summary of what I've received thus far, for those of you who are interested.

*Corvallis-Benton County Public Library:*
An informed consent form (attached) regarding loan history.

*Eugene Public Library:*
The Polaris ILS default notice is this: "The feature you have selected
is associated with personal data in your patron account. Such data may
be accessed by law enforcement personnel without your consent.  Do you
wish to continue?"

EPL changed it to this: "Privacy Policy: Eugene Public Library will not
release any records related to your Library card account except if
required by court order. If you would like additional information, call
the Library at 541-682-5450."

*Multnomah County Library:*
Note in their catalog (Millennium):
"By subscribing to My Reading History, I acknowledge that Multnomah
County Library's online library system will retain for my personal use a
list of all materials that I borrow. I may unsubscribe from this service
or remove any or all titles from my reading history at any time. Library
staff will not access or release my reading history unless required by
law to do so. I understand that anyone with access to my library card
number and PIN can check my reading history or any other information
attached to my account."

*Jackson County Library Services:*
Note in their catalog (the Polaris default mentioned above):
"The feature you have selected is associated with personal data in your
patron account.  Such data may be accessed by law enforcement personnel
without your consent.  Do you wish to continue?"

Cheers!
Buzzy Nielsen

Library Director
Hood River County Library District