[Libs-Or] Fwd: CD and DVD copy integrity questions

Jackie May jackie at jcld.org
Thu Nov 1 14:39:08 PDT 2012

We use sharpies to write "JCLD" on each disc and also use a
center-of-the-disc circle label with our library name printed on it. Any
oddball  discs we get back are put on our "problem shelf" with a call to
the last patron using item and also a message on patron's account. If
correct disc is not returned, patron will get a bill. A lot of our
processing is done by our wonderful volunteers, to help save staff time.
Hope this helps,
Jackie

On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 11:26 AM, Bob Jones <
Bob.Jones at milton-freewater-or.gov> wrote:

>  Aside from using non-removable labels or other permanent markings
> (distinctive permanent ink rubber stamp or permanent ink marker), simply
> inform the patron the disc returned was not the one loaned.  If they do not
> return your disc or pay for it, block their account and bill them for the
> disc.
>

> -Bob in Milton-Freewater

Jackie J. May
Interlibrary Loans
Jefferson County Library District
241 SE 7th Street
Madras, OR 97741
541-475-3351, ext. 307
541-475-7434 (fax)
ORBIS Code #81

"What refuge is there for the victim who is possessed with the feeling that
there are a thousand new books he ought to read, while life is only long
enough for him to read a hundred?"

*Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.*
American Physician, Professor, Lecturer, and Author (1809-1894)