[Libs-Or] does Oregon need reference librarians?

Katie Anderson katie.anderson at state.or.us
Wed Oct 3 11:36:22 PDT 2012

Reference is alive and well in youth services! Children and teens might not remember the details of an assignment, be embarrassed about the topic they want to learn more about, or know how to describe what they need in a way that makes sense to others. On top of that, they have wildly different reading and comprehension levels. Knowing reference interview techniques is critical to learning what kids and teens really need and identifying their reading/listening level all while respecting their ability level and privacy.