[Libs-Or] Consider the VTS preconference!

Jane Corry janec at multcolib.org
Thu Mar 21 15:10:58 PDT 2013

Notice how the students back up their assertions with evidence,
respectfully disagree, build on each others observations. Notice too
how the facilitator gets them to think and respects their observations
even when we think they are wrong, How she validates them without ever
commenting on the validity of  what they said. Notice how good she is
at paraphasing! We  can learn these techniques at the
half day VTS preconference on Wednesday 4/24/2013

Visual Thinking Strategies: A Great Tool for Libraries
<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/9678839" width="400"
height="300" frameborder="0" webkitAllowFullScreen mozallowfullscreen
allowFullScreen></iframe>

Jane

--
Jane Corry
Youth Librarian-Belmont Neighborhood Library

"This is the sort of thing that is extremely interesting if you are
interested in this sort of thing"